Friday, September 16, 2011

Suicide Squad #1


Written by Adam Glass
Art by Marco Rudy
Cover by Ryan Benjamin
On sale September 14, 2011 - 32 pages for $2.99
Rated T+

My rating: 5/5
Will this be in my pull list? I'd be crazy NOT to have it in my list!

Previews Text: They're a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous - they're suicide!

Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! Defeated and imprisoned, they're bring interrogated about their mission - and about who's pulling the strings behind this illegal operation. Who will be the first to crack under the pressure?


I could tell you who the first was to crack, but that'd be pretty dickish of me, wouldn't it? As I said in my Resurrection Man post, this book was awesome. It broke head first into my top four. Maybe that's not it. Maybe it was Harls smashing the wall open so that they could escape into my top four. Something like this.

I wasn't sure what to expect with this one aside from the costume that is probably the most drastically different from the previous DCU version. Yeah. See that picture? That's Harley Quinn front and center. Looks different now, doesn't she? She went from entirely covered, chin to toe to... well, an improperly laced corset and shorts shorter than the ones Daisy Duke wore. I'm not complaining or anything, I actually always hated Harley's costume and think this one's kinda neat (if a bit on the skank side), but I support the change.

And don't worry, her costume isn't the only thing I liked in the book. I thought it was just great all around. The way the pieces fell together, the points it led to, the tiny snippets of backstory, the quips, the insanity, it all worked wonderfully together. I'm looking forward to following this team every month from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment