Friday, September 16, 2011

Legion Lost #1


Written by Fabian Nicieza
Art and cover by Pete Woods
On sale September 14, 2011 - 32 pages for $2.99
Rated T

My rating: 4/5
Will this be in my pull list? Yes.

Previews Text: Seven heroes from the 31st century have traveled back to the present day. Their mission: Save their future from annihilation. But when the future tech they brought with them fails, they find themselves trapped in a nightmarish world that, for them, is the ultimate struggle to survive!

Don't miss the start of this all-new LEGION series illustrated by Pete Woods - fresh off his spectacular run on ACTION COMICS - who is joined by writer Fabian Nicieza (RED ROBIN).


I know, it's kinda weird that I shy away from books about Green Lantern and Superman but I adore books about the Legion. But what can I say? I love me some 31st century heroes! The Legion always has a great assortment of characters, though they're often lost in the shuffle in the main book considering how many of them there are. Seriously. Marvel isn't the only company that knows how to over-staff a super team.

Part of the reason that I look forward to reading this particular Legion book is the fact that it can't star six thousand different team members, it's a small group stuck back in time. Well, back in time for them, that is. And another good thing is that it doesn't really showcase the characters that are usually in the lead. The three founders of the Legion, also known as the three characters that are usually on point in these books, are nowhere to be found in this series.

It was a fun read. Seeing their reactions to a different time, a time with higher pollution that effects characters like Dawnstar, the Legionnaires being without the help of their rings, all of that, is extremely interesting. Plus one of their villains is in the other time with them, so they still have to put a stop to him.

I look forward to continuing this book. It's going to stay in my pull list for as long as I can manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment