Friday, September 9, 2011

O.M.A.C. #1


Written by Dan Dido and Keith Griffen
Art and cover by Keith Griffen and Scott Koblish
On sale September 7, 2011 - 32 pages for $2.99
Rated T

My Rating: 2/5
Will it be in my pull list? Nope.

Previews Text: The all-seeing Brother Eye satellite has unleashed a new beast upon the DC Universe in this smashin gnew series!

Kevin Kho has become an unwilling participant in a war between Checkmate and Brother Eye as he is transformed into the One Machine Army Corp known only as O.M.A.C.!


Yeah. That about sums it up.

The story was slightly confusing as I really didn't know a thing about what was going on there. I don't know what Brother Eye is and I'm not familiar with a single one of the characters or the giant company they work for, none of it. But even though it was confusing I still enjoyed it as I read it.

That being said, I didn't really enjoy it enough to keep it in my pull list. Sorry, O.M.A.C.!

My two favorite things about this book were playing the Mystery Woman game (meaning trying to spot her in the comic. For those of you that don't know, the Mystery Woman from the end of Flashpoint #5 is lurking in the background of every single one of the New 52 #1s. It's fun trying to find her!) and the art.

The art was very much classic style. The curved lines, the glowing spots, it was all very Kirbyesque, and that was fantastic. Yes, I love modern art styles (when they don't look like Liefeld or the more widely accepted David Finch and Jim Lee. Boo on artists that make up muscles that don't exist!) but I also like when people dip into the classics. Hell, my current favorite art team is the Allreds. If you don't know their work look it up. It's simplistic and stunning.

Now, I know that there are people out there that are going to enjoy this book. It's worth giving it a look instead of just passing it over. So give it a chance guys! Maybe it's your proverbial cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment