Friday, September 9, 2011

Men of War #1


Written by Ivan Brandon
Art by Tom Derenick
Cover by Viktor Kalvachev
On sale September 7, 2011 - 40 pages for $3.99
Rated T+

My Rating: 2/5
Will this be in my pull list? Probably not.

Previews Text: On the ground and on the front lines, a young, headstrong soldier known as Joe Rock assumes command of Easy Company - a team of ex-military men turned contractors. Will they survive the battle-scarred landscape carved by the DCU's Super-Villains? Find out in this explosive new series from Ivan Brandon (VIKING, DOC SAVAGE) and Tom Derenick (JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA)!

Again, this is another one that just wasn't for me. I get what they were going for, they want the no-guts-no-glory headstrong fans of war stuff crowd. Sadly I live up to my female stereotype when I say a simple "Um. That's not me..."

The art worked for the book, and it was well written, but I'm just not that into war stories. Not of this sort, at least.

And by the way, it doesn't really mention it in the Previews text, but there are two stories in this issue. They're both good for what they are, but what they are is not my thing. As I state for, what, the third time here?

But if war stories are your thing then yes, this is definitely a book for you. I would recommend it to anyone who likes them. Hell, I may even get my dad hooked on it. It's well written, well drawn, and worth the money for those who like the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment