Friday, September 9, 2011

Detective Comics #1


Written by Tony S. Daniel
Art by Tony S. Daniel and Ryan Winn
Cover by Tony S. Daniel
On sale September 7, 2011 - 32 pages for $2.99
Rated T

My Rating: 5/5
Will this be in my pull list? You better believe it.

Previews Text: DC's flagship title is relaunched for the first time ever, with new Batman adventures from acclaimed writer/artist Tony S. Daniel!

A killer called The Gotham Ripper is on the loose on Batman's home turf - leading The Dark Knight on a deadly game of cat and mouse.


Detective Comics. The title DC gets it's name from, starring one of their most iconic characters - Batman. The only Batman in the DCnU, by the way.

Unlike Justice League and Action Comics, this one actually takes place modern day. And according to interviews, this series will actually be based more in detective work than most recent Batman books.

Batman is going to be mostly facing off against two villains - Joker (duh!) and a new one we haven't exactly met yet, but I've got a feeling it's going to be a guy called The Gotham Ripper. Gee, where could I have gotten that idea from?

I can't say a lot about this one without giving things away, but I can say that this issue had some things in it that pretty much floored me. It's a dark book, which should be obvious considering the protagonist, but the ending is even dark for his line. That's saying something.

I can't wait for the next issue to come out - I have to see where it goes from here. Yes, this one is securely in my pull list and it will be for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment