Friday, September 16, 2011

Demon Knights #1


Written by Paul Cornell
Art by Diogenes Neves and Oclair Albert
Cover by Tony S. Daniel
On sale September 14, 2011 - 32 pages for $2.99
Rated T

My rating: 4/5
Will this be in my pull list? Yes.

Previews Text: Set in the Dark Ages of the DC Universe, a barbarian horde is massing to crush civilization. It's fallen to Madame Xanadu and Jason Blood, the man with a monster inside hi, to stand in their way - though the demon Etrigan has no interest in protecting anyone or anything other than himself! It'll take more than their own power to stop an army fueled by bloodlust and dark sorcery, and some very surprising heroes - and villains - will have no choice but to join in the fray!

This is one of those titles that pops up every so often that surprises the hell out of me, and from what I can understand, it surprised everyone else too.

This book was fantastic. Seriously. I mean, it wasn't a 5/5 fantastic, but it was actually pretty close. All of it except for the few page prologue at the start takes place back in the Dark Ages, and the prologue actually takes place four hundred years before that. I would go into what happens with the story and who's who, but it's pretty clear from the Previews text. There's Madame Xanadu, Jason Blood, and the demon he shares his body with named Etrigan. All characters I know very little about.

Yet all characters that I'm looking forward to learning more about as I read the series every month. Yes, this one has a secure spot in my pull list.

No comments:

Post a Comment