Friday, September 16, 2011

Mister Terrific #1


Written by Eric Wallace
Art by Roger Robinson
Cover by J.G. Jones
On sale September 14, 2011 - 32 pages for $2.99
Rated T

My rating: 3/5
Will this be in my pull list? Not likely.

Previews Text: The world's third-smartest man - and one of it's most eligible bachelors - uses his brains and fists against science gone mad in this new series from Eric Wallace (TITANS) and Roger Robinson!

Michael Holt is the head of a successful high-tech corporation and an institute that recruits and encourages the finest minds of the next generation to excel. As Mister Terrific he inhabits a world of amazement few others know exists, let alone can comprehend.


It wasn't a bad read. I'll say that right up front, it wasn't a bad read. It was a bit slow for me and didn't really draw me in or anything, but it wouldn't surprise me if it remained on tons of pull lists that aren't mine. I can see what they were going for with this one. DC needed their own Science Solves Everything hero, so they came up with Mister Terrific. And who can blame them? That's a great catch for a lot of people. Most comic readers are nerds of one sort or another. I'm an writing and literature nerd, plus a movie nerd, and the writing part should be obvious from, well, this. But there's a lot of science nerds out there as well.

And can I just say here that I mean no insult when I say nerd? It's a title I wear proudly, after all.

Science nerds will likely love this book. Sadly, I'm not that much of a science nerd.

And anyone that loves this book will be itching to see where the hook at the end of the issue is going to take them.

It might not be in my pull list, but I'm not going to try to talk anyone else out of picking it up. Go for it. I even encourage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment